Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) Online

By Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

Return due dates provided on CP575 notices

Due to a change in return due dates for Partnerships and certain Corporations, your CP575 notice may be incorrect for tax periods ending after 12/31/2015. When filing any tax return, use the most current version of the form and instructions for your entity type to ensure timely filing.


We cannot process your application online if the responsible party is an entity with an EIN previously obtained through the Internet. Please use one of our other methods to apply. See How to Apply for an EIN. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. See full article here